PDA

View Full Version : Need opinions of online brokers

RWD
04/04/2001, 09:17 AM
I'm thinking about setting up an online account to buy some stocks. I'm just starting out but I do own some mutual funds for my Roth IRA. My question is which is the best online broker? I'm more of a buy and hold type and don't plan on making more than a few transaction per month. Any opinions on E-Trade, Ameritrade, or Datek ? Most seem to charge about $10 a trade but they all vary on the minimum amount to open a account. Thanks for any help. Bob

Joez
04/04/2001, 09:31 AM
I use E-Trade and American Express Brokerage.

Happy with both of them. My criteria are easy-to-use systems, reliable, timely trades, and nice, organized views of the portfolios.

ATLANTIS
04/04/2001, 09:58 AM
I use Ameritrade.
It works for my needs....

Man I wish i had some cash to scoop up some of the bargains out there :)

Staceon
04/04/2001, 11:14 AM
Hi RWD,

I work for one, and use two others mainly for their money markets. They all have there pluses and minuses, really depends on what particluar features you are searching for. If you get a chance check out the link below:

http://www.gomez.com

They keep online(and full service) broker rating's cards. The site also gives summeries of the different options(like check writing or dividend reinvestment), and a comparsion between companies too if you like.

RWD
04/04/2001, 02:43 PM
Staceon,
Thanks for the link! That's just what I needed. Now I just need some money :). Thanks