PDA

View Full Version : trouble in paradise? (mated harley shrimp)

vikingkim
06/02/2003, 11:02 PM
Hi all, I got a pair of harlequin shrimp 2 days ago, and they seem to be getting along just fine, but the male has a piece of one of his front claws missing. To be honest, I'm not sure if he was like that before or not, I saw her, and she was so big and healthy looking, I snagged them up, as I've wanted a mated pair for some time. They have a tank to themselves except for some snails a tube anemone, and of course a choc. chip star. The anemone is well fed and they steer clear of it. Do mated pairs fight? If not, and he was already like this, will he probably be ok, and/or is there anything I can/should do to make sure he heals properly? Any help appreciated as I have coveted a pair of these beautiful creatures for as long as I can remember! (I finally got over the starfish eating issue!)

Johnnyfishkiller
06/02/2003, 11:28 PM
Crabs will regrow entire appendages in just a few molts. If it's just a part of a claw, it will likely be back with the next molt.

vikingkim
06/02/2003, 11:32 PM
That's good to hear! I've never been as excited about any new critters! I just hope they're not fighting! Can't we all just get along?