mantishunter
06/02/2003, 08:57 PM
Holy S%$#T,
Marvin You Da Man
BRS Presents MACNA XVI
All you!

yaktop
06/02/2003, 09:11 PM
now the fun begins. step right up and volunteer.

serious inquiries only.

:beer: :bounce1: :dance:

tstone
06/02/2003, 09:17 PM
This FANTASTIC I coudn't sign on and you all did it without me.

You are all the best!!!

THANKS BRS!!!:smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

skyedolphan
06/02/2003, 09:41 PM
I will volunteer myself to be an official envelope stuffer( with the kids there is not much else I can do) but if there is anything else just let me know

gumhead
06/02/2003, 09:54 PM
i want to help too... anything!
Im also limited with kid, tho :)

you got my number Marvin!

Keith Sheridan
06/02/2003, 10:01 PM
I am undergoing some job changes, maybe, so my schedule is weird, but I want to help as much as possible. I have experience in photoshop, though I am not an expert, and am a decent photographer, but don't have a digital...yet.
Seriously anything I can do, I will.
If someone has an idea of the tasks that need to be done, I say we start a thread and have people voulenteer for specific tasks.

tstone
06/02/2003, 10:21 PM
There will be several subcommittees that will need people to be in charge of, and we will need people to help within those subcommittees.

Also we will need people to do the mundane things like stuffing envelopes.

So no matter how much time you have or what your skills may be we can and will find something for each of you to do and be a part of this.

We will make reefing history. We have already taken the whole reefing community by storm and have the nations attention.

Other parts of the country are starting to look to us as the example of how to do it right.

You all are the best.

THANK YOU

Jake
06/02/2003, 10:29 PM
marvin,

So we won the bid? Is it Official? Can we post a YAHOO on the Reef Central Message Board? We gotta start talking this thing up now and get everyone in the reefing community excited!! Let me know what we will need! I will help out any way I can! (Including house sitting!!! ;) LOL)

Jake

aquaman_68
06/03/2003, 01:23 AM
Maybe you can post a list of duties that need to be accomplished on this thread or a new one. Lets see how many of us can contribute to this thing in some way. I'm all for being a part of making this thing a success!!

dansch
06/03/2003, 04:55 AM
Count me in!

Marco67
06/03/2003, 05:07 AM
Jake,
Yes it is official, I was one of the lucky ones that was able to navigate my way into the chat room and participate in the voting.
They mentioned making an official post in the near future and including the details of our bid!

Scuba_Dave
06/03/2003, 06:04 AM
At a bare min we are in for envelope stuffing. I also have various Computer programs/laptop. Plus Digital camera, underwater cameras & underwater video equipment. We are in the process of septic installation & fixing up house to sell, but will assist wherever possible. You guys really know how to impress new members. An awesome cookout/swap meet, a beautiful mansion, now MACNA XVI in Boston (OK I'm still finding out what it is)!
This looks great!!

http://www.smileydictionary.com/images/smileys_cat/cool.gif

mantishunter
06/03/2003, 08:49 AM
To All, And Marvin I hope I'm not speaking out of school.
I am as exhuberant as anyone over being seclected to host MACNA XVI. A few things to consider. Yes blow the horn now, but make it brief. Most of what will happen now is behind the scenes. Quiet promotion and sponsor solicitation. We probably won't sell (Marvin please correct if wrong) the conference till MACNA XV. We can't jepordize MASNA, the continuety of XV and the entire MACNA program. One of the best things we can do is support MACNA XV while working on XVI.
As Marvin posted there will be a call to arms forthcomming. More specific info to follow soon. Please consider what can be done, what you can do and that's what will happen. I'd aslo like to jump in and say we're going to need seed dollars. Please consider how we can raise money, auction, donation, bake sale, car wash whatever. Don't stop contributing to other worthy causes (net fund) just prepare to dig a little deeper.
Congratulations to everyone!

matt-davis sq.
06/03/2003, 09:25 AM
This is truly momentous for the Boston Reefers!

Matt:cool:

Bgywrinkle
06/03/2003, 06:52 PM
Will be happy to help in any way -- just let me know what needs to be done.

My summer is pretty free -- classes ended May 1st -- so I'm real free. In the fall my sched is still pretty open depending on my teaching sched.:D :bounce2: :D

Look forward to helping.

Regards,
Don

Corwyn
06/03/2003, 08:55 PM
I've been lurking and trying to get involved with the group
but somehow I keep missing all the meetings.

Count me in to help with something.
skills,

Woodworking,
computer wacking - I mean programming/building
Telephone systems
all around help

Corwyn

Rays
06/04/2003, 03:37 PM
I'm thrilled that we have it also, but I agree with Mantis Hunter, we don't want to take the limelight away from this year's show before it's even happened.

MickAv8r
06/04/2003, 05:33 PM
Congrats folks thats fantastic! Inland Reef will be happy to support the effort - hopefully we'll be open by then too :D

ReeferMJP
06/04/2003, 08:02 PM
Let me know if help is needed, my wife can help out also.
Congrats

greypet
06/05/2003, 05:53 PM
Congrats to everyone associated with the club and the selection effort. Skipton's is a full fledged volunteer as usual. Steve, Marvin, Moe see Leo to put us to work.

stocker
06/06/2003, 03:26 PM
Way to go BRS.
I'm in also. I too, have two very active boys. They play sports all year round. (I coach also) If there is anything that I can do let me know.
Bob

spyro
06/06/2003, 03:27 PM
This is all extremely exciting !

Please let me know what I can do to help out...I definitely will be going to MACNA XV and would like to be involved in MACNA XVI as much as possible (without getting divorced or losing my job):D

Congrats and thanks to everyone who made this possible !

:beer: