PDA

View Full Version : Will anything happen if I leave hard water spots...

bioballs
06/01/2003, 06:58 AM
Does anyone know if there are any bad consequences by not scrubbing these off? It is a used tank and the back wall (inside) is covered with them. Tried vinegar, razor, rubbing compound, etc. I give up. I think? And I don’t want to try the acid, I might pass out. Anyway, will the tank be affected visually when filled with water? Will something grow on it because I didn’t clean it?

bioballs
06/01/2003, 08:51 AM
^:o

sjvl51
06/01/2003, 09:14 AM
If the spots are hard water spots, vinegar or a razor should have taken them off, especially if you fill the tank with a vinegar and water solution and let it sit for a couple of hours before scrapping with a razor.

Are you sure it's just hard water spots?

Vickie

bioballs
06/01/2003, 09:19 AM
Hello Vickie. I don't really know what they are from, but they appear to be hard water spots. I tried the razor just a little while, thinking I would scratch the glass. I did not soak the tank in vinegar. Are you sure this is okay to do this? Is it okay for the silicone? Should I lay it on it's side and just let it soak with straight vineger? I think these are so bad I would need to use steel wool and compound, but I'm scared to scratch the glass. Thanks for your help, I'm lost. :)

bioballs
06/01/2003, 10:16 AM
anybody? :confused:

bioballs
06/01/2003, 10:08 PM
^ :o

SeaStar
06/01/2003, 10:21 PM
I would try white vinegar again. Let it soak in it though. laying it on its side is probably the best bet.

RandomChaos
06/01/2003, 10:29 PM
If it is glass, a razor will not scratch it unless you hit it with the corner of the razor. As for the silicone, take it slow and be careful.

Vinergar will clean it up if you let it soak, and then scrape it off with the razor.