PDA

View Full Version : What should I do?

Quietazian504
05/31/2003, 08:46 PM
Hi everyone,

I have a problem....I just purchase some ricordias on a rock and there happen to be a pretty big pinkish orange bristleworm in the rock. He's been poking his head out check the new tank he is in now in full daylight. I have seen his full lenght yet but i think he could be 5 to 6 inches. Should i get rid of him? I know some people say that bristleworm are good for reefs but what do you think I should do.

pop1tart
05/31/2003, 08:56 PM
He should be all right for now, but it'd be a good idea to remove him if he gets too big or causes any damage.

mrcr4888
05/31/2003, 09:04 PM
Hey,
Quietazian504

You might want to stay up one night an hour or so after the tank lights go off and turn on a dim light to see what the bristle worm is doing. And if it looks like he is bothering any of your coral of corse get rid of him. But if he isnt just keep a watchfull eye, and if any of your corlas come up hert you know who to get rid of.

Quietazian504
05/31/2003, 09:04 PM
Ack!? Too Late now. He just crawled into the sand and under my rock. I looks to be about 8 to 10 inches. Man that's big. So far he is the only the third bristleworm in my tank that i've seen. I hope they don't spawn.

Quietazian504
05/31/2003, 09:13 PM
Thanks. I'll make sure to check on him tonight to see what he's dining on.