PDA

View Full Version : berlin skimmer?

flemingljr
05/30/2003, 09:25 PM
i've had my berlin skimmer for about 5 years now, what's the general opinion on this skimmer? pros/cons?

MalHavoc
05/30/2003, 09:46 PM
Well, you tell us! How has it been working for you?

flemingljr
05/30/2003, 10:06 PM
thats the thing, it's the only skimmer ive ever owned, so i don't have much to compare to. it seems to only remove junk when the CC was stirred up, under normal use, there doesn't seem to be too many bubbles in the chamber. ive only had FO tanks previously too, so i don't know how it will do in a reef.

clamdigr
05/30/2003, 10:46 PM
I used a Berlin for about 8 years, was never really happy with it. Modified it a bunch of times, to no avail (it cost me $250- I had to try and make it work....right?). They don't generate enough bubbles. Mine removed very little skimmate, even after adding air stones to it. About a month ago I gave up and replaced it with an AquaC skimmer and i'm glad I did. WOW does this thing make foam! Oh, and the old Berlin? It's now a calcium reactor. :D

flemingljr
05/30/2003, 11:05 PM
ya, it seems to only have bubbles in the inner column, and doesn't take much stuff out. which aqua C skimmer did you get? i heard the remora is good.