PDA

View Full Version : Need a seahorse primer

SaltyMember
05/23/2003, 04:11 PM
Hello, I have a mini-bow 7 gallon that I been using as a nano-reef with one percula clown as the only fish. I am now going to move the perc to my 29 gallon reef and was thinking about converting the 7 gallon to a seahorse tank. I have found one website with some info.. www.seahorse.org and have been following posts on this group. What I would like to know is if anyone has any other good resources for me....websites, etc. besides the ones I mentioned.

Also, I have a lot of seahorse newbie questions that I will be posting soon.

Thanks
Alex

MarinaP
05/23/2003, 04:59 PM
http://www.syngnathid.org for research
www.oceanrider.com www.marinedepotlive.com for purchases.
Your only option for multiple mating horses in a 7G tank will be dwarfs.

SaltyMember
05/23/2003, 06:58 PM
Thanks for the info Marina.
Alex

WaGuy82
06/01/2003, 03:42 PM
I think that h. capensis would be a great addition to the 7 gallon if you're able to keep the temperature down. H. tuberculatus would also be another possibility.

The capensis is available at oceanrider.com as zulu-lulus and the tuberculatus, I believe can be ordered through marinedepotlive.com

alguy344
06/03/2003, 07:19 PM
You can buy them at seahorsefarms.com there good and that is where i order them and i have 12 tanks of em and i think you should read up some more with care and things of that nature but i am sure you will do great once you read up its not hard to keep em at all!! remember the brine and shrimp and enriching willl selcon and maybe some spirulina powder good luck!!!