PDA

View Full Version : know of any stores in the area that buy fish from people?

bigevill
05/22/2003, 01:56 PM
hi, ive got a few fish in my tank that I would like to part ways with. the tank is over crowded due to my listening to my LFS on how much was ok to put in there. Are there any stores on the south side of the city that you guys know of that would buy healthy fish off people without ripping them off? Ive got a 4 inch twin spot wrasse, 3 inch red coris wrasse, 3 inch blue dot puffer, and 4 inch mimic tang, as wellas a 7 inch hippo tang that has some Lateral line erosion. the other fish are in great shape. I have found one store in the area that will buy them aquascapes in hobart IN but they will only give me like $8 per fish. Considering that they will turn around and sell them for $30 to $50 each or $100 for the big hippo. I would like to get $20 a fish plus $50 for the hippo(I paid $110). Any help would be great.
thanx
mike

makoshark
05/22/2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by bigevill
hi, ive got a few fish in my tank that I would like to part ways with. the tank is over crowded due to my listening to my LFS on how much was ok to put in there. Are there any stores on the south side of the city that you guys know of that would buy healthy fish off people without ripping them off? Ive got a 4 inch twin spot wrasse, 3 inch red coris wrasse, 3 inch blue dot puffer, and 4 inch mimic tang, as wellas a 7 inch hippo tang that has some Lateral line erosion. the other fish are in great shape. I have found one store in the area that will buy them aquascapes in hobart IN but they will only give me like $8 per fish. Considering that they will turn around and sell them for $30 to $50 each or $100 for the big hippo. I would like to get $20 a fish plus $50 for the hippo(I paid $110). Any help would be great.
thanx
mike

From my own experience you'll have to call around and the best you will get is the wholesale price of the fish. The other problem you might experience is that a lot of shops don't want large fish and the Shedd Aquarium won't usually take them either. You're probably better off posting that you have them for sale and sell them to folks on RC.

Hope that helps.

bigevill
05/22/2003, 02:55 PM
thanx, I have posted but with no results so far. I have found one store willing to give me $10 to $15 dollars per fish, I think I will take him up on it. Thanx for the help.
mike