PDA

View Full Version : Pulsing Xenia disappeared?ideas?

Ben Wilson
05/21/2003, 07:34 PM
Two nights ago I had a pulsing xenia growing very fast and even starting a new frag below it. It was around 2 1/2 inches tall. Yesterday morning it was gone without a trace. Can't even tell a coral was ever there. Any ideas? Water parameters normal. I have a blue, yellow and purple tang, a flame angel, longnosed hawk, mandrin goby, a serpent star, long spinned sea urchin, 100 blue legged hermits, 2 cleaner shrimp, crocea clam, turbo snails. No other coral can touch it at all, not even close. Thanks for any ideas.

mistybellis
05/21/2003, 07:47 PM
Maybe your tank circulation cause the transferring xenia to float somewhere else in the back of the tank, where you can't see it.

I have no idea though, just throwing out an idea for you. :)

Ben Wilson
05/21/2003, 07:57 PM
I do have two maxi-jet 1200's hooked up to a wavemaker, but I looked everywhere. Possible, but I think unlikely. Its not in a direct path.

ri
05/21/2003, 08:01 PM
Xenia is sometimes difficult to keep. If tank conditions aren't right, it can "melt away" almost overnight. Often, you will see it get shorter and wrinkle up a bit before it melts away.

My original reef setup, I had TONS of the stuff. Multiplies faster than rabbits. The new setup, Xenia just lives...

ri