PDA

View Full Version : found missing fish and shrimp

Dakan
05/20/2003, 05:21 PM
Yesterday I decided to clean out my cpr overflow. Guess what i found in it? 6 pepermint shrimp and one very tired percula clown. The clown had been missing for a couple of days and the shrimp, who knows? I would guess they have been there for quite a while. I was very suprised to fing them all alive.:D

I will have to improve the screen covering the overflow. I prefer to have my live stock in my tank even if they do seem to prefer the overflow.:rollface:

Rock Anemone
05/25/2003, 01:37 AM
Glad to hear you found them all! That's the thing I hate about overflow boxes, things can get trapped in them pretty easily...

I myself have a CPR overflow. It's worked pretty good so far except I wish there was a way to block the overflow chamber and guard it off. The little screen that comes with it just slides down. I am thinking about cutting a piece of egg create to lay on top of it, I'll try that tomorrow and tell you how it works.

I hope the fish and shrimp are ok, let us know how they do!

Rock Anemone:D

Zepplin
05/25/2003, 01:44 AM
My hawkfish spent a couple days in the overflow once. He seems to avoid the overflow now, but shrimp might be a little slower to learn their lesson. It is a cool surprise when stuff like this happen, and nice you discovered the problem before anything bad happened.

-Meg :)

asmujica
05/25/2003, 02:09 AM
I have snails that are currently living inside my Remora......

I wish they would come out and clean the tank.......:rolleyes:

bori
05/25/2003, 02:49 AM
The little screen that comes with it just slides down.
After losing 2 blue-green chromis to my cpr90 o/f, I took the screen that came w/ it turned it around and raised it all the way up between the lip of the o/f & the water's edge. Haven't lost a fish since. Snails do find a way of getting in though. HTH --Rob--

sumpfinfishe
05/25/2003, 05:19 AM
I have a plumbed tank with overflow-one of my daily chores is to check the box to make sure that nothing has surfed it's way in there. Also it's a great excuse to tell loved ones why you have to look at the tank so much;)

^CelticReefer^
05/25/2003, 07:13 AM
My Picasso Trigger swims into one of my backpacks constantly to find the small snails that breed like crazy in there. He has gotten stuck twice. It doesn't stop him though.
Brian