PDA

View Full Version : shrimp???

THEBMAN
05/19/2003, 11:18 PM
would it be ok to put shrimp in a refugium, along with some sea horse?

neuroracer
05/20/2003, 12:05 AM
My guess is that they would be happy there to munch on your pod population that could grow there. It just depends on what you want in there. You can grow pods and their babies to feed corals in your tank, or it could be just an area for more fish to hang out. You should think about what you want your refugium's main purpose to be, and then go from there.

dracul00
05/20/2003, 12:07 AM
seahorses are hard to feed, do you have any exp with them? isnt the refugium to strong current for a seahorse? sometimes it works but it depends on your gph specially at feeding time.

THEBMAN
05/20/2003, 05:58 PM
I have the refugium at a low turn over rate, I think it will be good for them, but as ya'll are saying, just don't want to put anything in there that will hurt or compete with them.

kevlouie
05/22/2003, 03:41 PM
seems like a good idea, is your sump visible, regardless, if you add a pair of shrimp they may spawn frequently, and add more plankton than they remove, you just never know til you try

off subject, when did they start teaching you awwbun boys how to read and write :lol: just kidding, don't feel too bad, one of my fellow UT alums lives in gainesville and rides around in a truck with a huge orange T on it :eek: hey we both always have vandy to pick on

THEBMAN
05/26/2003, 06:34 PM
never really learned how to read, or wite jst thght i wuz doin ok, :lol: :lol: :frog:

sorry it took so long to get back with ya'll but went to arkansas to beaver lake for memorial.

thanks for the info.

grundle
05/28/2003, 06:04 AM
im planning to add glass shimp to my refugium to try and get a self sestaining system going dunno if its going to work.