PDA

View Full Version : Your AF article on Mysid shrimps

simonh
03/28/2001, 07:09 PM
I just found out last night that you had a new article on AF online. As usual it filled in a large gap in my ignorance on the critters we keep in our tanks.

I had got a few mysid shrimps (about 10-20) a few months from my LFS after asking if i could have a few of the mysids, mini stars, bristleworms, clear flatworms and other critters which had prolifarated in their coral tanks (all of this stuff must have hitchiked in with the live rock they cure in the system). They gave me a plastic bag and told me to help myself :)

Anyway, your article prompted me to get out my flash light and go have a closer look as to how my forgotten critter were getting on. When i shone the flashlight around the tank i noticed hundred of tiny little eyes looking back at me! These little guys (and some girls presumably :) ) were hanging around hovering above the sand bottom and also in any little crevices that provide shelter.

Looking forward to the next article now... :)

rshimek
03/28/2001, 08:11 PM
Simon,

Glad you liked it!

:D

Ah64av8tor
03/29/2001, 11:56 AM
How about a link?

simonh
03/29/2001, 12:46 PM
Try this:

http://www.animalnetwork.com/fish/library/articleview2.asp?Section=Aquarium+Frontiers+--+Without+A+Backbone&RecordNo=2215