PDA

View Full Version : Live sand starters - best places

vester_72
05/15/2003, 03:55 PM
Where are the best places to get "live sand starters" i have a friend starting a tank (and I want to add some more life to mine) and I was looking at a few places to get live sand starters.

I was looking at Inland Aquatics and Coraldynamics - does anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Jason

oz
05/15/2003, 04:06 PM
You may simply wants to ask around for sand from fellow reefers in your area. If you were in my area, I'd give you a cup of mine.

newkie
05/15/2003, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by oz
You may simply wants to ask around for sand from fellow reefers in your area. If you were in my area, I'd give you a cup of mine.
Agreed.. the best place is to trade cups of sand with as many local hobbyists you can find. Almost everyone I meet locally I ask if they want to swap a cup of LS. This was you can maximize your fauna diversity.

I've also had good luck offering $5 to the LFS for their LR rubble. It won't contain all the fauna you are looking for but it won't hurt.

If you must purchase then www.ipsf.com w/ the LS activator and wondermud + amphipods is a good choice.

hogpark7430
05/15/2003, 04:42 PM
I got some from tampa bay saltwater and it is full of life brittle stars, crabs, worms, ect.

Jamesurq
05/15/2003, 04:47 PM
e-mail guynwarsaw@yahoo.com he has tons of livesand (literally) and it's really good stuff... cheap too.

despot101
05/15/2003, 04:48 PM
I got the 9 for $99 from www.ipsf.com and was very pleased. Even if you order from somewhere I'd try to get some from local reefers the more diversity the better.

vester_72
05/15/2003, 05:04 PM
Thanks for all the resources - they are appreciated!

Jason