PDA

View Full Version : champion or hellolights?

zerocool
05/05/2003, 07:03 PM
Hello everyone,

It's time for me to buy new PC bulbs again. I'm looking at a 10K and an Actinic (96 Watts ea). Champion and hellolights are about the same cost so I'm wondering if anyone has ordered from both and what bulbs they liked better. Pictures would be very helpful.

Thanks.

saltyrenee
05/05/2003, 09:22 PM
We ordered a PC retro kit for a custom hood a couple of months ago from Hellolights.com with no problem. Shipped same day ordered and everything was correct and even worked. We did a lot of research and for the cost seem to have been a good decision. If you do place order and have a problem please let me know!

Reefs1
05/05/2003, 09:42 PM
I have ordered from both vendors and I can recommend Hellolights over Champion any day of the week. I actually had a awful experience with Champion and had to go through the Attorney General to get it resolved. Without going into complete detail I will say it was simply a blessing in disguise (after much anguish) because it is the reason I discovered Hellolights.com and they were wonderful from start to finish. Good luck!

nanoguy
05/06/2003, 12:59 AM
I have ordered from Hellolights many times (just placed an order last night). I've never had any problems with my orders, transactions always went well, and very fast shipping. They are definitely on top of their game. Highly recommended vendor.

Leviathan
05/06/2003, 04:40 AM
Glad I saw this thread, I just ordered a new halide system to replace my old one thats on the fritz from Hellolights yesterday. I must say that compared to some other companies they had very decent prices ( and a nice selection to work with ) which is something some companies lack.

IBASSFSH
05/07/2003, 09:55 PM
I have ordered a ton of stuff from Champion Lighting.. One time I ordered 2 175 watt m/h ballasts (blue line) One was damaged upon arrival. They sent me another quickly with a tag for return shipping of the damaged ballast. I have never ordered form Hello Lights due to Champion price matching and QUALITY service.
Almost everything for my tank came from Champion Lighting and I am Currently setting up a 90 Gallon rr. All accessories for this tank cam efrom Champion also. No problems what so ever.. Good luck with whomever you choose.:D

wedfr
05/07/2003, 10:43 PM
ive ordered stuff from both of them but not the PC bulbs but i have to say id much rather deal with hellolights anyday rather then champion. the guys at hellolights are awesome, i seemed to find that once champion has yrou money they dont really wanan be botthered with you. but thats only my experience

Typhon
05/07/2003, 10:48 PM
I have ordered from Hellolights.com on many occassions. They are great. I love their customer service. They ship items faster than any other aquarium retailer. Plus they have a great 30 day money back guarantee. You can't lose. Go for it. You won't be disappointed.

PilotNY
05/07/2003, 10:50 PM
Gotta agree with everyone above. Have ordered from Hellolight.com a few times and love their prices. Selection is very decent.

Carl

williamrandel
05/08/2003, 06:56 AM
I too must agree with all the coments about hellolights.com. I have ordered from them on many occassions and never had a problem. IMO they are the only online source for lighting

spsdude
05/08/2003, 10:20 AM
Ditto Hellolights.

pete_ra
05/08/2003, 06:17 PM
i like hello lights, but where to buy a 250 mh retro? Hello lights it is $250- seems a little expensive

cbonito
05/09/2003, 03:03 PM
A 250 watt retro from hellolights isn't 250 bucks.
You can get the retro and a bulb in probe start for under
200 bucks.

On the power compact subject, most of these come from the same place, so just shop for the better price.

GSerg2
05/09/2003, 10:56 PM
HelloLights all the way.

reefkeeper1976
05/09/2003, 11:33 PM
Hello lights all the way. I ordered my actinic pc's from there they are better coloration than the other actinics i previously ordered. I think they call them the true actinic 03 , but not sure. I think the other is just the blue bulb as they call it. There's a 2 dollar difference maybe in price for the true actinic which is worth it. Definately more flouresence on everything bulbs are more purple than my others. Hope that helps.

Champion Lighting & Supply
05/14/2003, 05:07 PM
Reefs 1 posts that he had to "resort to the attorney general" to have his problen resolved with Champion.
As covered in a previous thread, this is totally untrue.
The fact is that his order was cancelled, by Champion, and he was immediately refunded in full.
As he has been warned, continuing to post lies and misrepresentations will result in a legal problem which will dwarf his personality problem.
For the record, there has never been a valid complaint with any attorney general, in any state.

Perry Tishgart
President
Champion Lighting

Leviathan
05/14/2003, 05:23 PM
Got my order the other day.

HelloLights gets 2 thumbs up in my book:)

Aquatect76
05/14/2003, 05:36 PM
I'ved ordered from both places several times and must say that both places are excellent! (flip a coin):p

Zoom
05/14/2003, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by wedfr
ive ordered stuff from both of them but not the PC bulbs but i have to say id much rather deal with hellolights anyday rather then champion. the guys at hellolights are awesome, i seemed to find that once champion has yrou money they dont really wanan be botthered with you. but thats only my experience
Never had a problem with champion. I got many things from them lights,skimmers, mh bulbs,Iwaki pumps, chillers,and more a have send things back without any problems if you need your staff fast just tell them the will get it to you fast yes i shop to find the best price so if they have it i get the same price. I got some staff from hellolights to no problems so the only thing is i get thing faster from champion is only one day for shipping from PA to NJ.;)

Reefs1
05/14/2003, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by wedfr

This could NOT be more true, well said. There are too many other good vendors out there to buy from, rather than run the risk. Hellolights or Premium Aquatics all the way for all your lighting needs.

GSerg2
05/15/2003, 07:55 AM
In defense of Champion, I must say that I have bought from both several times and in my experience they are both reputable companies. The biggest reason I recommended HelloLights over Champion was because the customer service at HelloLights is probably the best I have experienced. They are very friendly and quick to help with any questions or problems you have. For instance, my last order had a broken bulb when it arrived. A replacement was sent out the day I called, no questions asked. They are the best.

Greg

Sweettoothbear
05/15/2003, 08:14 AM
Have bought from HelloLights,very good packaging. fast service,good price.

mattboy
05/15/2003, 09:14 AM
Has anyone used the electronic VHO ballast from hellolights? Any comparisons between this ballast and an icecap? It works out to be substantially cheaper; $135 including 2 pairs of endcaps for the set-up I need. Any thoughts?

Matt

ejamsrhere
05/18/2003, 09:42 PM
I can only tell you that my experience with hellolights has been great. I even search the web for DIY parts that don't have the "For Aquarium" Markup and hellolights prices are still competitive.