PDA

View Full Version : PC gamers looking for good graphic game??

Ironreef
04/27/2003, 04:56 PM
I wanna try out my color card= 128 bit Radeon .
I'm thinking Warcraft 111 , Battle???1942 anything better out there? Also a good place to buy. Anything better than pricegrabbers?

Rock Anemone
04/27/2003, 05:02 PM
Counter Strike, Black Hawk Down, Battlefield 1942 are three VERY good games... The Black Hawk Down game has the best graphics I have ever seen, it's almost like you're there.

Rock Anemone:D

Ironreef
04/27/2003, 08:45 PM
Those were ones I was thinking I bet they have more graphics than the GameKnot chess I play. I was just checking for more options. Thanks

Rafa_Sant
04/28/2003, 09:11 AM
I fyou are into RPG's, Dungeon Siege is the most intensive I've seen so far. A bit old but nice.

sammystingray
04/28/2003, 11:04 AM
It's not new, but Max Payne is my favorite game I've played, and the story and graphics are excellent. On a different type of game..Elder scrolls has some beautiful graphics and scenery. It's a very long role adventure game, and of course you guy gets better and better as you go.....it kind of loses some fun after your guy gets too good. Anyway, I personally LOVE Max Payne still...I haven't played anything better since then. If you can then do..turn up all the graphics settings...they usually aren't set at the best as a default on games. Shadows, view distance, and especially the resolution make a nice difference when playing high quality graphics games. A good video card is a sweet thing.....I run three monitors, and if I drag a window from a monitor with an inferior PCI card to my main with my AGP Geforce4, you can actually see the difference in front of you instantly.

AnnArborBuck
04/28/2003, 11:14 AM
Battlefield 1942 with the Desert Combat mod is probably one of the most graphic intensive games out there (also the funnist online game too). The maps on BF1942 are so large that it takes a serious graphics card just to render it. I have a 32mb gefroce 2 gts that has serious issues with the game, i have to run it on low detail to get any performance out of it at all. System memory is also key for loading the maps as they are very large.

Josh125
04/28/2003, 11:45 PM
Ghost recon is pretty nice as well....

Runner
04/29/2003, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Rafa_Sant
Dungeon Siege is the most intensive I've seen so far.Dungeon Siege has some excellent graphics. The solo game is good. The multi-player "game" is fun but more of a toy with chatting capabilities on-line. I would be willing to trade away my copy to somebody for a few zoanthid polyps. I'd even toss in HOMMIV if the zoathids had a little color. :D