PDA

View Full Version : COLT

marinelife
03/16/2001, 07:50 PM
Ok I added new lights, the colt was fine for a few days, I moved it some, lowered it. Now one of them is small was about 7 - 8 inches tall now it is just a few inches and hanging not up and open. Is this because of the lights or do you think there is something else going on in the tank..

smiller
03/17/2001, 06:41 AM
My guess would be that if you had a tank problem the colt would not be the first to show it. Maybe adjusting to the lights, but it is strange that it was OK for a few days. I moved mine once and it shrunk up and didn't expand for a few days. At first I thought it was just mad at me, but after looking closer I found it was touching a mushroom behind it that I hadn't seen.

Fitz
03/17/2001, 09:43 AM
I don't know about anyone else, but I've been reefkeeping for 6 years and I still don't have a colt that's lasted for more than 2 years. In my experience, they slowly dwindle away, despite everything else in my tank growing like wildfire. And, also, despite being placed in all different conditions and currents and lighting and feeding areas. I think that the addage that colts are some of the easiest corals to keep needs to be changed. I don't know what to tell you-fiddle with as many variables as you can in your tanks without upsetting other inhabitants. If nothing works-chalk it up to the coral gods and don't buy another one. I never will. Fitz.