PDA

View Full Version : refractometer group buy ($37+shipping!)

Spider_Whistle
04/24/2003, 02:41 PM
I just thought I would point this thread out to you guys, it sounds like a pretty good deal!

I might have to pick one up myself hehe

refractometer thread (http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=177843&perpage=25&pagenumber=1)

Spider_Whistle
04/24/2003, 02:53 PM
Looks like the deadline is tonight, just FYI ;)

coralreefengr
04/24/2003, 04:40 PM
The followup thread says it's for locals only. Maybe our club can do something similar? Maybe you want to spear-head that task?

FishGeeek
04/24/2003, 04:58 PM
Marvin from www.newenglandreef.com sent me an email the other day offering this deal to the RMRC. I wanted to get some feedback from the other clubs first before I mentioned it here. Sounds like a great deal to say the least. He also mentioned deals on 10 Geisemann or 10 Aqualine light fixtures. Once I talk to Marvin and some of the other clubs (Boston Reefers Society, Desert Marine Society and the Boise Reef Club) I will post more info.

Spider_Whistle can wait a week or two? Maybe the group can start getting an oerder together soon.

Brian

SeaMatt Nematocyt
04/24/2003, 05:39 PM
I'm in if we do it.

-Matt

coralreefengr
04/24/2003, 05:49 PM
Me too if we can get a good price like Boston did.

Spider_Whistle
04/25/2003, 01:12 AM
That's weird that it says locals only, cause I've been talking to the guy who got everything together, and he quoted me the price to ship it and everything :hmm5:

Me and my chronic lateness might have missed the payment deadline anyway, and if it does fall through with them, I would definitely be interested in getting something together with all you nice people ;)

I'll let u guys know what happens, and either way, I will talk to the Boston guy and see what advice he may have for us on how to get one of these together.

Eric

denverhoss
04/25/2003, 07:17 AM
I'm pretty sure my refrac needs some tometering.... Currently, I just let it go until the tank water gets so thick that the fish have trouble swimming - then I add fresh water to thin it out...:D Probably no less accurate than that 5 cent bubble coated arm in my DeepSix.

samsongsd
04/25/2003, 08:31 AM
FYI, I called North Coast Marines and Mark there said he would match the 40.00 price. His is a RHA10ATC but doesn't need a screwdriver to calibrate.

rktcyntst
04/25/2003, 08:01 PM
I'm in if this come about. Thanks!!

tstone
04/30/2003, 03:57 PM
Hey all I want to thank you all for considering my refractometer group purchase deal.

I also wanted to clarify the price is $37.00 ea.
That's as many as you want for $37.00 ea. shipped to one address.

Just get together figure out who wants one then Pay pal and they will be shipped to you all.

I am throwing in the shipping for free.

I also want to say that if you are not happy in any way return the unit and get your money back no questions.

Check out this thread (http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=172453&highlight=refractometers)

So far everyone that has bought one is happy. No complaints whatsoever.

Thanks again
Marvin

denverhoss
04/30/2003, 04:28 PM
I used to have a paypal account, but then a couple years ago they stopped taking credit card payments and started requiring bank account info... so I made a notible 'Huff' and dropped my account. Does anybody know if they still do it that way? CC overcharges I can dispute if needed, but money transfered from my Checking account is a tougher matter.

Does anybody in RMRC have a PP account and plan to order some extras for us paypal chickens?

coralreefengr
04/30/2003, 05:43 PM
I guess this needs to be a group purchase. Spider_Whistle, are you heading this up or did you already get yours from Boston?

CRE

Spider_Whistle
04/30/2003, 08:43 PM
I would do it, but I already paid for the one through the Boston deal. :(

Marvin, I paid $46 with shipping inculded, is there any way for me to get the free shipping too? hehe
The one I got was through this deal
thread (http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=177843)

I'm not even sure if the order has been placed yet...I just sent payment a few days ago.

I know it's only 9 bucks, but hey, that will still buy me a 6-pak ;)

Thanks!

P.S. I am still in Vegas, so it might take me a few days to answer this.

tstone
04/30/2003, 08:51 PM
Spider_Whistle
I am sorry when they are ordered piece meal like that I can't throw in the shipping. I have to buy the box and other shipping material. All for one piece. Makes it hard.

It needs to be a group order shipped to one address. Then I can afford to absorb the shipping.

Is there anyone else that can/will organize this for you?
Debra?
If you all need help putting it together let me know.

coralreefengr
04/30/2003, 08:57 PM
Marvin,

What's the minimum order?

CRE

tstone
04/30/2003, 09:08 PM
Debra
I would prefer that there be at least 10 but its not a requirement just a request.

I see on your sig. that you have a 10 g nano. Got any pics?
What lighting are you running? what livestock? You gotta give me lowdown.

I am running mine with a sump but no skimmer etc. I have sponges and Tunicates in the sump. They are cool creatures.

Crystal Sea
04/30/2003, 09:20 PM
Hi Everyone,
I have a Paypal account and would be willing to head this up. Everyone would have to send me the money before we place the order though as I don't have enough spare cash to front it all.
I can accept Paypal, check, or money order. I will post
1. Who ordered
2. How many
3. Pending Payment
4. Paid
You can PM me to put you on the list and tell me how you would like to pay, and I will send you either my Paypal, or address for sending payment to. I will be depositing in my account as payment is made and posting it.
I think someone in Denver should accept the delivery as I am in CoSpgs. Volunteer?
I think we should put a deadline on payment and ordering, you guys decide, I think about 10-14 days to give everyone a chance to get in on it.
Also, Paypal charges a 3% service charge for credit card transactions, so if you used a credit card, it would be $38.14
Fishgeek, can we e-mail the membership so no one feels like they missed out?
Let me know if you guys want me to do this, Ok by me for someone else to also, I just want it to happen.
Karvin

coralreefengr
04/30/2003, 09:52 PM
nevermind

coralreefengr
04/30/2003, 11:02 PM
I'd be willing to pick up units for Longmont/Boulder and Northern Colorado.

Debra

FishGeeek
04/30/2003, 11:25 PM
Sounds Good Karvin. I will get the email together.

Spider - can you close this thread?
karvin - can you start a new thread? Just to keep things simple.

Brian