PDA

View Full Version : Electronic ballast interferance

Mad Reefer
04/24/2003, 09:21 AM
Need advice on the electronic ballast ((2) 175s, (1) 400 and (3) ice cap 430s) interfering with satellite TV. Is there some damper or what will fix this problem?

reefjunkie3
04/24/2003, 09:39 AM
Hey,
I fired mine up for the first time a couple of days ago,and my ballast are about 10' from my reciever.I let the ballast run for about 4 hours and I did'nt notice them having any affect on the tv.We have the Direct tv satellite stuff,not sure what one you are using.Could it be something else messing with it?:wavehand:
David

kaltika
04/24/2003, 09:42 AM
I'd check that your ballasts are actually grounded. (does you grounding wire actually go to ground, or is it just an empty hole like in many older houses?) Most have pretty good cases that should prevent interference like this.
-mat

Mad Reefer
04/24/2003, 09:45 AM
The brand is E-ballast and the tank is 14 to 18 feet from the receiver.

And it is definitely the ballast because the snow get less and less as the ballast go off. When the last ballast is of crystal clear pic. Now the snow is not bad but it is a big difference in clarity.

Totlxtc
04/24/2003, 05:30 PM
Try plugging either the ballasts or reciever in a seperate power circuit. My ballasts (tar) make my computer moniter go wavy when i switched them to the same circuit. Once i moved the computer back to a seperate circuit it went away. No problem with my satelite reciever on the same circuit as the ballast thou.