PDA

View Full Version : Need an antibiotic FAST!!

weefishman
04/22/2003, 07:00 PM
Hello, my moorish idol has been struggling with (on and off) an air bubble inside his eye (not popeye) for about 4 months. I noticed it about a day or two after placing him in my tank and it continued to grow until I decided to treat him with first Maracyn (ineffective) and then Maracyn-Two (effective). I treated for the recommended two weeks and he appeared to be healed, however not long after I placed him back in my main tank it showed up again. I later had to treat every fish in my tank for ick, during which time the bubble again deminished and only to return again. My idol is now back in the treatment tank and his eye is HUGE:eek2:. However the bacteria (or whatever is causing the bubble) seems to have built up an immunity to the Maracyn-Two:mad:, though it has still kept growth of the bubble to a minimum. I was hoping someone out there would have another antibiotic that they could suggest. The active ingredient in the Maracyn-Two tablets is Minocycline and I have tried copper. This fish is truly awesome and has made it through a lot (and never stopped eating) I would REALLY hate to lose him/her now. Please help if you can. Thanks.
-Jonny

smpolyp
04/27/2003, 08:37 PM
I know this is a late post for a subject needing attention now, but give me a call at 407-463-9401. This way we can cut down on posting time.