PDA

View Full Version : Hatian Pink Tip... looking Dead

sirhelm
04/20/2003, 07:41 PM
Okay I am a newbie when it comes to anenomes... I have a hatian Pink tip and he was looking fine about an 1hour ago. Now he is all deflated and his tentacles look 2 dimensional. I have seen these in LFS, in the tanks. They look dead.. but are they? I remember something about anenomes expelling stuff..... is this bad??

Is my hatian dead?/

Are there any links that describe this?

Thanks

SH

Rock Anemone
04/20/2003, 07:44 PM
Do need to worry. My BTA anemone does this from time to time. It's just, 'pooing' and will be fine in an hour or so.

Rock Anemone:D

sirhelm
04/20/2003, 07:47 PM
oh man thanks!! I was really worried about him. First his brush with the intake of a fluval and now this..... My poor tomato clown (who loves the hatian) looked pretty worried as well!!

Hey is there any detail info on the anenomes and their behaviours... like "pooing", moving, etc.

Thanks again....

SH

Rock Anemone
04/20/2003, 07:52 PM
I'm not sure about the information about that however, try asking in the Anemones & Clownfish Forum (http://reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=36) here on RC.

sirhelm
04/21/2003, 12:59 AM
Well you were right rock. An hour later he was his ole self. I gently moved him back to his old spot (he had wedged himself between to rocks and the tomato was wrigiling around.. and i was worried about damage. He looks fine now.

Thanks again Rock

SH

Rock Anemone
04/21/2003, 01:01 AM
No problem, glad to hear everything worked out ok!