PDA

View Full Version : New tank wondering when it will be okay to put in entacmaea quadricolor

alpine
04/10/2003, 03:11 AM
OK I need some feedback on this as I am not to sure about this one.I setup my tank a few weeks ago,has been almost a month now.I am in no rush to get the anemone,and I seriously want to make sure the tank is ready for it .I currently have 2 cinnamon clowns in the tank and I would love to get them a host anemone,but I am not sure how long to let the tank mature.As of right now I have 4x55watt pc's,2-10k's and 2-actinic o3's.I do plan to change the 2-10k's out for a mh setup in the next couple of months.Sure wish I would of just bought the mh in the first place,but were all allowed to make mistakes as a newbie.I have done a lot of research on my clowns and it seems they prefer the entacmaea quadricolor .I have been researching this anemone and it sems to be one of the most hardy anemones to keep.Just so you know I do a lot of research on whatever I buy before I go out and buy it.My tank is a 25gal rr that is plumbed into a 55gal rubbermaid and a 75gal is going to get plumbed into the same sump in the near future.So before the summer ends I will have a total water volume of over 100 gals.Any and all suggestions and comments will be appreciated as I dont want to make the mistake of getting the anemone before the tank is ready.

Jorge

wanareef
04/10/2003, 07:02 AM
Most would suggest that you wait at least 6 to 9 months or even longer, to get an anenome , for the tank to mature. They are expensive to buy. I waited 8 months to get one and it's growing great. Actually both are doing great the rose bta and a green bta. You might want to wait the 6 months or so. JMO :D

A 175w mh sould be plenty for that size tank

alpine
04/10/2003, 10:17 AM
Wanareef
Yeah I was thinking about waiting for about another 6 or 7 months until I get one.There is a lfs by me that I can get a rose bta from for about $125.I would prefer the rose colored variety,but I would also except the others colors as well.

I was also planning my mh upgrade to be the 250watt 65k iwasaki or the 250watt 10k ushio.I plan to keep mostly hard corals and a couple of small clams if I can get them in there.If not the clams will end up in the 75gal.

All in all,thanks for the info wanareef.