PDA

View Full Version : Liter Meter Tubing Replacement

srlumaye1
04/09/2003, 12:34 PM
For everyone out there with the Spectrapure Liter Meter dosing pumps: How many of you have actually had to replace the tubing that the rollers squeeze.

How did you know the tubing was wore out?

How many of you have NOT had to replace the tubing, and for both groups, how long has the unit been in operation (or before you had to replace the tubing)

Spectrapure stated that one should get 4000-5000 hrs of RUNNING time on the tubing. At 4 gallons/day evaporation, this would be about 10-15 years.

Steve

nel
04/09/2003, 12:43 PM
Mine has been running for over two years with no problems. However, since the tubing only wears on one side, I recently flipped the tubing so it would last longer.

pi
04/09/2003, 04:24 PM
On my original litermeter the tube did have a small hole from rubbing against the sharp edge of the black plastic. I used super glue to clog the hole, but this was a temp fix. It ran for over 5 years before getting to this point.

I now have the new LM III provided free from SpectraPure. My old unit locked "on" and dumped 5 gallons of saturated kalk into my tank. Whew what a mess!

When I called spectrapure they were so eager to get a hold of the unit, the offered a brand new one in its place. They said this happens so rarely that a new LM III was worth it for them to get a hold of the old one to dissect it to see what happened.

Anyway, excellent customer service!!!

Paul

reefingagain
04/09/2003, 04:29 PM
running for 2.5 yrs had a small hole and was leaking

srlumaye1
04/10/2003, 12:06 PM
Thanks. I like the idea of flipping the tube around.

Steve

gooch
04/10/2003, 01:11 PM
My tube wore out at about three years. Going to get a new one soon. I have to take it apart and clean it every couple of weeks to get it to work properly. I would rotate the tube every time I cleaned it.

gooch