moonpod
04/09/2003, 12:25 PM
http://www.korallenriff.de/enter.html

Then click on the aqua-bilderbook button
then click on rolf haigis

3+ meter tank lit w/13 80w T5's

moonpod
04/09/2003, 12:28 PM
actually a lot of the tanks on this page are T5. I didn't realize it before.....

Rock Anemone
04/09/2003, 12:31 PM
Wow, very nice!

For those of you who can't find it, here's a link: http://www.korallenriff.de/ralfhaigis.html

Rock Anemone:D

hubris007
04/09/2003, 12:32 PM
um...wow.
Isn't that tank a little small for a yellow tang? :)

chem-e
04/09/2003, 01:26 PM
Wow... now I can't wait to get my T5s.

SPC
04/09/2003, 01:30 PM
Looks real nice, anyone know how many watts he has over that tank?
Steve

moonpod
04/09/2003, 01:32 PM
13x80w=1040w of T5 over a tank that's 3.25 meters long=about 10 feet.

Carribean Reef Man
04/09/2003, 01:35 PM
Uhhhh Stupid Question. What T5 ??:confused:

moonpod
04/09/2003, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Carribean Reef Man
Uhhhh Stupid Question. What T5 ??:confused:

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=113004

moonpod
04/10/2003, 12:51 PM
I just had to bump this up cause the tanks on this site are pretty cool....

goofball310
04/10/2003, 01:10 PM
Is there a translator in the house?:D

kozmo02
04/10/2003, 01:16 PM
:eek2:

that tank is massive! thats pretty cool that it is all on T5 though, thats surprising. Nice tank!

:D

moonpod
04/10/2003, 01:25 PM
what shocks me is not that it's on T5 lighting, but NORMAL driven T5--they aren't overdriving the bulbs!!!

mhurley
04/10/2003, 01:38 PM
Those damn Germans!!! How do they do this stuff?!?! Those tanks are amazing.

Sylock
04/10/2003, 01:49 PM
-Is there a translator in the house?

Yes, I'll go ahead a translate for you real quick

"My wife thinks that I've only spent $5000 Euros! If she ever finds out that I have 3 mistresses working in Hamburg's red light district just to fund my little hobby she'd literal kill me. Actually she's probably dismember me and feed me to the tank."

goofball310
04/10/2003, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Sylock
-Is there a translator in the house?

Yes, I'll go ahead a translate for you real quick

"My wife thinks that I've only spent $5000 Euros! If she ever finds out that I have 3 mistresses working in Hamburg's red light district just to fund my little hobby she'd literal kill me. Actually she's probably dismember me and feed me to the tank."

I thought that's what it said. I just wanted to be sure.

Code Hound
04/10/2003, 02:03 PM

LMAO :lol: :lol: :lol:

moonpod
04/10/2003, 02:06 PM
And you wonder why relations w/the germans have deteriorated so....:D

tag007
04/10/2003, 02:12 PM
Translation:

I operate the basin duplicated here since the 03.05.2002. the hobby Meerwasseraquaristik operate I already with some interruptions, since 1981. 3,25x0,70x0,60cm windshield concerns a glass basin with the measures out of manner glass.

The arrangement consists of ca 120KG living rock and a complete rear wall out of Riffkeramik as well as two differently high Riffpfeilern also out of Riffkeramik of the firm coral world/Rostock. Unfortunately it is me based on the camera standing me to the decree only heavily possible, the crazy total impression of the basin based on the length by 3,25m, to duplicate. Therefore I decided myself in addition, divided the basin into differently single areas, to duplicate.

Illuminated the aquarium becomes of altogether 13 T5/80W lamps. Divided in blue and Osram 860. In Addition I installed another night illumination. Abgeschäumt becomes 2001 Friedrichpumpen over a H&S with 2x. Maßgeschneider is the scum and is located in an extra filter chamber at the right end of the basin. The filter chamber consists of black glass and cleans the water of contingent dirt particles in the first step over little sponge. Otherwise the basin is operated after the well known "Berlin method". As a chalk reactor, a Jetstream 1 of Schuran serves. Next to the aquarium, a 200 liter of keg is located brought becomes out of that over a Nachfüllautomatik sweet water. Based on the very good water values in our place, KH as well as total hardness, values lie are also very good (no agriculture in the larger vicinity) in 2, all other, save me I the use of an osmosis concern.

Possessed: altogether 65 stone coral canes predominantly the types Seriatopora, Porites, Stylophora, Montipora, Pocillopora and Acropora accompanying. Therefrom would unite especially in color! I pride on some Seriatopora, that show really one uncannily intensive pink/pink and brightly purple coloring. That very naturally perfectly durchgefärbt. Some of these canes developed themselves out of a colony really brown previously, in an intensively pink. Further gigantic supply at 3 different types of Xeniden, various crusts anemone and everything what so in that out watch runs the time out of the stones. Especially prettily I find my large supply at the so-called elephant ear. These disks anemones possess a really super irisierende coloring and increase naturally pay attention must itself like "weeds" where I, do not damage that this yet quite agressiven co-inhabitant other sessile invertebrate.

I possess 25 fishes at present, among other things one roveed Pinzettfisch, olive doctor, Fuschgesicht, Hawaii doctor, red sea doctor, various Anthias types, as well as various small remaining Demoisellen (yellow tail and yellow belly).

Done with FreeTranslation.com. Not all that impressive, but you can glean some of what he is talking about. No mention of those mistresses...

Thats over 300 gallons on 1000 watts of light. Nice!