PDA

View Full Version : Eel compatibility

criccio
04/09/2003, 11:47 AM
I currently have a golden dwarf moray, and I would like to add another one to the same tank. Should I be concerned about any "fights to the death". I know when I go to lfs's they always have multiple eels of the same or different species in the same tank coexisting very well. But on the other hand, I also know you shouldn't keep the same or even similar looking fish (ie-tangs) together. Does anyone foresee any problems I may encounter?
Thanks, Chris

VL
04/09/2003, 01:14 PM
How big is the tank?

I currently have several eels in a 220 tank and am planning on adding another one shortly.

From what I know about the Dwarf eels is that they are very docile and should not be a problem with multiple species.

BTW: Where are you getting them from? I have been looking for one for awhile, and they only come up every now and then, but then they want too much money as well.

criccio
04/09/2003, 03:55 PM
VL, my tank is a 37 gallon. Only other fish are a pair of true percs, so space is not an issue. I bought my guy at the Naperville Petland, it's about 3 minutes from my house. About a month before I bought mine, they had a mated pair, I was not happy I missed those two. I bought my guy for $125, but I do a lot of business with them, I think the everyday customer pays $150. If you want me to watch out for one for you let me know, but you will have to wait because I get next dibs.;)
Chris

Tremelle
04/09/2003, 05:35 PM
TheMarineCenter.com has them from time to time. The last time I inquired they were asking $195 for them.