PDA

View Full Version : Question about copper band...

salonpas
04/09/2003, 07:52 AM
i'm thinking about put one in my tank so she can get rid off my aptasia. Just wondering that anyone keep one in their reef tank and does she work like they say she would?. Please give me your suggestions or tips. Thank you so much.

i had try peppermnit, not work. bergia, i try to order at couple online store but they are out of them right now.

Flame*Angel
04/09/2003, 05:57 PM
I have a copperband in my reef and he's my absolute favourite fish. He did eat all my aiptasia but there was some "coaxing" involved to get him started. How big is your tank? What other fish do you have?

wrasstaman
04/09/2003, 06:22 PM
We had some aptasia in my son's 20 gallon reef. We tried peppermint shrimp with no luck like you did. We tried the cbb but it didn;t eat them either. What finally worked was the old boiling water in the syringe trick. Since we had about 12-24 it took some effort, but the technique is very effective. Have not seen any more aptasia and am super careful not to introduce them into Daddy wrasstaman's 125 gallon reef! I have heard the predators like the ps or cbb will eat them if they get real hungry, as they are not their favorite food. I can understand why yhrey are not their favorite food! lol
Good luck,
Wrassta