PDA

View Full Version : New Rock Work

muhakmid
04/09/2003, 04:32 AM
After a death of a boxfish full of toxins , which by the way killed everything in my tank, I decided to do things a little different. I am going to try and keep a peacock with a few fish. I currently have a dominoe damsel, and a flamefish goby with a peacock mantis. Now I know what you are thinking, mantis's will not go with fish, but my peacock doesn't even attempt to go for the fish and even if he did I do not believe he can cath them. Well anywase here is the pic of my new rock work.

Python73
04/09/2003, 05:11 AM
Nice rock work, but where is the PVC burrow for the O.S.? He'll dig up your sandbed something fierce if you don't prvide one. Also, most smashers leave fish alone unless they are encroaching. No way that mantis will kill your damsel, and I doubt your goby is dumb enough to get whacked. Good luck with your setup.

S !

DaveC
04/09/2003, 05:31 AM
Nice rock work by the way, but I was wondering if any of the toxin from your box fish got absorbed by the rock and may release
it later, or when you say new rock work you got new rock also...I believe that I read somewhere that this may be the case....I hope this will not be true for you...I am guessing you did a total water change and hopefully diluted the toxin...I like the boxfish also..I do not have one mostly for the same reason that happened to your tank....best wishes with your new or reworked setup...its a big bummer when these things happen after we work so hard on our tanks..

Good Luck,
DaveC

muhakmid
04/09/2003, 04:59 PM
When my boxfish died I took everything out of the tank and cleaned it. The rocks and sand were put into fresh water and I washed them off with my hands. I then ran my tank for a couple of weeks. Oh and my mantis tunnel is off to the right. I put it under a rock. The sand bed is higher to the right because of the tunnel. (i used a condtioner bottle that i made sure was clean).