PDA

View Full Version : False Percs Not Eating All of a Sudden

borg
04/09/2003, 02:58 AM
does anyone have any idea why my two false perc has stopped eating all of a sudden they havent been eating for about a week and they are getting very skinny all my other fish 3 green chromis 2 purple yellowtail damsels and 1 blue tang are eating normaly and they water cond is good and all filters and pumps and lights etc are operating normaly..

i am hoping someone has a explaination!!!!

they had been eating in the past brine shrimp a frozen marine combination and mysis shrimp but now they wont touch nothing..

please help wit any ideas guys...

Canada_Dry
04/09/2003, 03:07 AM
If all your water parameters are good, my first thought would be stress, most likely cause by either the 3 green chromis and or 2 purple yellowtail damsels. The damsels and the percs, is not a very good combination, as the percs are quite passive compared to the damsels. I don’t think your water parameters are bad, as the blue tang would be the first to show sings of stress due to poor water conditions.

Hemmie
04/09/2003, 04:22 AM
When I had a bout with Ich and my Clowns weren't eating, I soaked some Nori with garlic and clipped it to the side of the tank.

It wasn't actually for the Clowns, but they loved it. They usually won't touch the Nori, but soak it in garlic and they go nuts! Maybe it's just my Clowns, but worth a try!

If your params are indeed ok, I'd go with the idea that something is bothering them too. The Damsels maybe.

Another thing my Clowns like is to pick on the Clam that I lay out for my Burr, especially Cherry Stone.