PDA

View Full Version : Mantis shrimp wanted

Mr Neutron
04/09/2003, 01:09 AM
Anyone have a mantis shrimp they don't want? Prefer one from gulf rock (tampa bay saltwater etc). I'm setting up a small mantis tank and looking for a nice specimen to enjoy.

PM or email if you have what I'm looking for. :cool:

-CB

tcrazyfrk
04/09/2003, 04:11 AM
I believe I have about 3 mantis shrimp in my tank I would be more than willing to give them to you, but I have no idea on how to get them out of my tank. One of them stays in my closed brain constant If you have any tips on how to catch them let me know. If you are going to the thing on Saturday in St. Pete and if I can catch them by then I will give them to you there.

tcrazyfrk
04/09/2003, 04:12 AM
Forgot to include that they are from Tampa Bay Saltwater.

Mr Neutron
04/09/2003, 10:29 PM
Hi there

At this point I don't think I'll be going, but not sure. How big are the mantids? I haven't got the tank set up yet so I'm not quite ready to take them. I think if you took the coral out and squirted some fresh water where he stays he probably will come out.

ijneb
04/10/2003, 05:49 PM
I have a small one i can get a good picture of if your intrested. I live 30 minutes from orlando.
Ben

imgrtful
04/14/2003, 11:34 AM
will you be at the next meeting.i can go over to tb saltwater and pick one up for you.when i was in there last week they had about 4 of them.different sizes and some nice colors.let me know,i believe the meeting will be on the 26th so let me know before then.

imgrtful
04/20/2003, 03:44 PM
richard at tb saltwater said he has some for 9.95.let me know before sat