PDA

View Full Version : Pic of aquascaping in my 60G

DownUnder-Reefer
04/09/2003, 12:57 AM
I re-did my aquascaping and at the moment are pretty happy with the way it turned out.

DownUnder-Reefer
04/09/2003, 12:58 AM
Different angle

Mikey Kliff
04/09/2003, 01:04 AM
Looks realy nice, where did you get your live rock?

i just ordered some last night from marinedepot.com it will be here tomorow. Im excited!

Im a big "landscaper" so i love messing with my rock....

I previously had a 20 then moved the few chunks over, and recently ive added about 20 pounds of lace, so i think in total theres around 45 pounds of rock allready, i hope this other 44 will be enough.... its pretty built up with nice cave's

XxAngelzDustxX
04/09/2003, 01:28 AM
Lookin good :)

Nanook
04/09/2003, 01:36 AM
Looks nice Jimmy!!

Nanook:)

kozmo02
04/09/2003, 02:51 AM
your rockwork looks nice, however, i must criticize how tightly packed you have it, that is a future nightmare, you are gonna have a lot of dead spots and detrital build up, you may want to loosen it up or place some powerheads in some good spots to keep water circulating all throughout the rock and behind the rock, etc.

:thumbsup:

Desolas
04/09/2003, 09:59 AM
Looks good, you will have a lot of open space to place corals. I like how it looks, but I have to agree that it is kind of too tightly packed for my personal liking. I would do as kozmo suggested and make sure you have good water movement through those rocks.

I'm a fan of more open rockwork myself, I like having a lot of nooks and caves for the fish to swim through, but there is a lot of positive to be said about rockwork that is low enough that your upper column will be full of coral growth rather than rock work. It looks like you could have several tall corals growing in there and it will look very nice.