PDA

View Full Version : T5 stuff update

moonpod
04/08/2003, 11:15 PM
OK, so I got the sunlight supply reflectors and the two piece endcaps and the standoffs, so I decide to change my chumpchange DIY reflector setup and dry use endcaps and try and make it slicker appearing and safer w/the 2 piece endcaps. First downside I discover--the two piece endcaps and standoffs are modified VHO stuff--They're HUGE compared to the dryuse endcaps. Whereas before I EASILY had 6 tubes under my hood of my 60, now 4 barely fit--given that you can't place 'em across the hinge etc... Next thing I notice, the stand-off endcap connection bites. Seriously, these things do not clip in well. MAJORLY disappointed. The reflectors however do not disappoint. Each bulb is now MUCH brighter subjectively than w/my previous cheeseball reflector setup. So maybe I'm not losing that much light in going down from 6 to 4 bulbs. Anyways, I just wanted to gripe. It seems to me that it wouldn't be that hard to make 2 piece endcaps that weren't so friggin' big and that actually clipped into the standoffs well, or even better yet, didn't use standoffs.

XxAngelzDustxX
04/09/2003, 01:32 AM
What are the reflectors called that you perchased?

moonpod
04/09/2003, 08:17 AM
They're the sunlight supply reflectors. called sunteks or something goofy like that. They're the same ones as the pix on the thread on T5 indie reflectors.