PDA

View Full Version : AquaFuge ?

boardbox
04/08/2003, 08:53 PM
On the CPR AquaFuge Does any one know
1- If the return is on the left or right side?
2- The power head is used to supply or return?

I was wondering about if I could use this on the side of an AG with 2 built in overflows. I want to be able to keep pod's so I'm trying to figure how to get the return into the tank and not into the over flow. I havent seen one in person so it's hard to figure how to do this.

newreefer03
04/08/2003, 09:10 PM
I have the small aquafuge. The supply rio pump is on the right and the return is on the left. Good luck on your project.

rjtib
04/08/2003, 09:21 PM
You need to check out the return on the units. I had one and had a brittle star climb up into the return (I guess he was wanting to get into the water flow):confused: However he stopped the return flow and I woke up with gallons and gallons of water all over the flow (Yup the pump kept pumping the water in and in just continued to overflow.... until the water finally dropped down to the rio pump and burned it out as well. Well needless to say that was the last day I used that unit... now it is stored away in the closet of castaway reef items.
I have since realized I am not the only one that has suffered from this problem. I believe it is a design flaw and I have yet to hear what has been done to prevent it.
Rob