PDA

View Full Version : Qs on Kent dosing system

Tbor
04/08/2003, 04:43 PM
Anybody out there using the Kent dosing systems? I'm sick of using alk and CaCl supplements, so I'm beginning to drip kalk. I have very little evap, from a small tank with a cover (jumping fish!). Was going to set something up myself, but seeing the float valve alone around $15, and the whole Kent system for around $30, it looks like that may be a good option.
Are any users out there happy with these? It's gravity feed but the product description on thatfishplace says it can hang behind or underneath the tank. How's that work?
Does it clog with sediment from the kalk?
tia,
tbor

rbonin
04/08/2003, 09:06 PM
I would be worried about the effects of Kalk on the drip tubing, but I have been thinking about using two of these to drip the 2-part calcium buffer systems like ESV B-ionic.

I have been manually dosing B-ionic for about a month, and so far it has done a better job of maintaining Ph and Ca than I ever have gotten dosing Kalk with a Litremetre.

My 2-cents.

~Rick~

ReefRelated
04/08/2003, 09:19 PM
Do this (sorry it won't fit under the tank) with a Kent float valve. I have mine on the other side of the wall in the back room and I just keep this full. It keeps my sump level at all times.
http://www.huffdental.com/kalktopoff.jpg