PDA

View Full Version : Head Loss Through Chillers and Heaters

toberdick
04/08/2003, 03:35 PM
I'm trying to determine the appropriate pump for use with my chiller/heater loop and was wondering if anyone could give me some information about the head loss through 1/3 hp Artica chillers and/or 1000W Aquanetics fireplug heaters?

My heater/chiller loop consists of two 1/3 hp Artica chillers connected in series (both turned on and off simultaneously by a Neptune Systems Aquacontroller) with a 1000W Aquanetics fireplug heater. I need to know the head loss through each of these units so I can calculate which Iwaki pump I should use to feed the loop.

Vertical head loss is only one or two feet. Pipe size is 1" Sch 40. with horizontal run of about four or five feet. There be eight 90 degree ells. I'm shooting for 480 GPH.

I can calculate everything except for the head loss through the chillers and heater themselves.

Thanks for your help.

-Todd

Wazzel
04/08/2003, 03:41 PM
Your best bet will be to contact the manufacturer they should have a curve of flow vs head loss for their equipment.

toberdick
04/08/2003, 03:51 PM
Thanks for the suggestion Wazzel. I've tried sending them emails, but have not yet received any reply. Maybe I'll give them a few more days then give them a call.

jagster
04/08/2003, 04:03 PM
See if you can find a web page for the manufacturer. They might have the flow/headloss curves there.

;)