PDA

View Full Version : The plan for a 240g FOWLR, but need help with a few items please...

Mr James
04/08/2003, 06:29 AM
I know questions like these have been beat to death, but those were generally on reef tanks, as opposed to FOWLR systems. I have the 240g tank, stand and 10 bags of SD. I plan to use something like 4 x 48" VHO's powered by an Icecap 660, (of course). I plan to have 2 Rubbermaid 100g stock tanks for the sump and refugium. I am not too sure how to plumb those yet, meaning how elevated the fuge should be above the sump?? Do I plumb the undecided return pump to power the undecided protein skimmer?? Or do I have one return pump and a seperate pump the feeds the skimmer?? I was thinking a Myreef2 which I have read a lot about around here, or an Aerofoamer, which I know nothing about, but heard that they are good for bigger systems. Any suggestions?? Any links to somebody's web site who is doing something similar?? Anybody willing to open their home to me for a tour of a well-equipped system??

From a previous post about this tank set-up, (see here: http://reefcentral.com/forums/showt...&highlight=240g ), it was suggested that I ask how to rid my tank of detritus and other waste?!?