PDA

View Full Version : Skimmer for SeaClear System 2

gkeong
04/08/2003, 02:08 AM
I have a 55gallon Seaclear System 2 tank.

I am trying to see if someone has tried putting any hang-on skimmers for type of tank. I've been reading on the Aqua C Remora skimmer, and was wondering if this will fit in the back of my aquarium. What about the Red Sea Prizm skimmer?

Thanks,
Gary

DaveC
04/08/2003, 05:58 AM
If you can afford the Aqua C Remora skimmer that is a far better choice than the prizm, especially on a 55 gallon tank....I had a prizm skimmer that I used on occasions and it does okay on maybe a 30 gallon tank but a 55 gallon depending on stocking levels it will not do a good a job as the Remora...I personally have never owned a Remora but most people say this is one of the better hang on skimmers....so for a piece of mind go with the Aqua C...

DaveC

Flameangel
04/08/2003, 08:35 AM
I have a 75 gallon sea clear system II. I use a remora pro - the next size larger. It works great. I never do anything but empty the collection chamber. I also have a prizm on my nano reef. When it runs - it works well, however, I have to mess with it once a week or so to keep it functional.

Check the "for sale" items on this board and you will most likely be able to pick up a used skimmer at a good price. (That is how I have purchased all of my skimmers. The pumps wear out but the skimmer really do not.)

How do you like your sea clear? I purchased mine used at a Garage Sale and it was missing all of the parts to the wet/dry system. So I converted the back into a mini refugium.

Good luck!
Connie