PDA

View Full Version : Reef on the Road

esp90
04/07/2003, 11:53 PM
Unfortunatly, I have to move my 60gal patch reef. I have a good idea of were its going to go and I have figured how to trans port everything safely. No problem really.

My question is, does anybody have an idea on how to transport a DSB and a plenum without compromising the anarobic bactieria and keep the denitrfican in-tact? Any ideas?

Nanook
04/08/2003, 04:35 AM
[welcome]

I transported a DSB in a 29g tank to my new house. I kept just enough water in it to keep it from sloshing around. Basically, I siphoned off the water to the surface of the sand. That little tank was pretty heavy...the 60g will be very heavy....is the tank built good enough to carry it full of wet sand?

I had my 29g without water flow for a couple hours at least, there was a significant dieoff of critters, but they all came back in force after a week or so. If you can keep the tank level, make the move quick and keep the sloshing to a bare minimum...then you might be OK.

Moving reef tanks is hard work...I was lucky to have most of the hard core St Louis reefers help me.

Nanook