PDA

View Full Version : Atlantic Anemone?

Mattnificence
04/07/2003, 10:14 PM
How hard is it to care for an Atlantic Anemone?

I also heard Atlantic was called "Condy" for Condylactis, scientific name? Is that correct?

http://cichlid.uvm.edu/tfcb/bondy/atlantic.anemone.html

http://www.coralreefecosystems.com/images/atlantic_anemone.jpg

Carribean Reef Man
04/08/2003, 12:06 AM
Not any harder than any other anemone fairly simple. Great beginner anemone. Just becareful this sucker grows I have one that 18"

CBOYFAN2020
04/08/2003, 01:46 AM
they do grow fast and tend to wander so be prepared to move any corals out of his way. I've been doing this for the past day and a half. He moved in a circle and ended up where he started:confused:

mirski57
04/08/2003, 09:52 AM
I think that is similar to what I have.
If so...I've had mine for 2 years now and the only thing bad it ever did was eat my horseshoe crab. It moved around a lot the first couple of months...but after it found a spot, it's been stay-put for over a year now.

mirski57
04/08/2003, 09:55 AM
Here's another shot of it being a host to my percs.

Jane
04/08/2003, 10:15 AM
I've had this guy for about 2 years and am beginning to think about removing him. Notice the leather above him bending away...he keeps getting stung. I'm just not sure how to go about removing him to another tank.

Mattnificence
04/09/2003, 08:58 PM
mirski I love that pic with the perc. Thats what I think I was planning on doing but wasnt sure if Atlantic would allow a clown to mingle, I heard its sting is extra hard and clowns will stay away. Any truth behind this?

CBOYFAN2020
04/10/2003, 01:01 AM
my maroon picked my condy over my LTA.....go figure:confused:

mirski57
04/10/2003, 09:10 AM
Mattnificence,
It took my clowns a few days to adjust, and maybe it was the other way around, with the anemone adjusting to the clowns. But they get along great.

CBOYFAN2020,
same here, my percs chose my Caribbean Condylactis over my Entacmaea Quadricolor (LTA).

FWIW, I also had a tomato clown that loved the condy...but so much to the point he would nip at me anytime I got within 12-15" of the anemone. I gave the Tomato back to the LFS.

reefy em
04/10/2003, 12:51 PM
I've had mine for about a month and a half and he just found a spot to stay about two weeks ago so be prepared to watch and wait for them to settle. Mine was sold as a BTA (it had bulbs on the ends) but I have come to find out that is it just a condy. That really ticked me off. He no longer has bulbs on the tips. Anyway, other than moving aroung a lot, they are easy to care for. Mine likes to eat a lot, about 1/2 a krill a day to be happy.

Mattnificence
04/10/2003, 07:10 PM
Well I have a 15 gallon Eclipse, having one of these in there still a good idea?