PDA

View Full Version : Pacific coast chillers....where is the best place to buy?

ZONAISADOG
04/07/2003, 07:16 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What would be a good chiller/hp for a 150 FOWLR. I read a post earlier this month about Pacific Coast Chillers. What would be a good place to order one from and what size would be suggested. The tank does not really get that warm because the lighting is PCompact (55w x 4), but in the summertime it will rise to about 82-86 degrees. Thanks in Advance!

Nanook
04/08/2003, 04:44 AM
Here is a 1/4HP chiller that would work good for your 150 gallon tank from Premium Aquatics:

http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PA&Product_Code=PC-CL-650&Category_Code=pacificcoast

You could save yourself a LOT of money by simply putting a fan or two blowing across the water surface. Chillers are expensive to buy and operate.

Nanook

fishtech
04/08/2003, 08:46 AM
ZONAISADOG,

You should really look at some previous threads on these chillers. I have one and wish I had never bought it. They are super loud!

WIKI2ECHO
04/08/2003, 02:39 PM
Fishtech
Do you mind telling us what brand, type and size this "Noisy" chiller is?? Help the rest of us who are in the market to spend some real cash for one in the future and avoid a problem.
Thanks Bill:beer:

ZONAISADOG
04/08/2003, 04:16 PM
There is something that I left out of my original post. The tank is in an office building which has AirConditioning but is turned off during the weekends. Sooooooooooo.......in the summmer the tank gets too warm. The fans have helped a little but there is not much ventilation inthe office either making it even harder to keep the thing cool. The landlord is soooo cheap and refuses to run the AC in the building for a tank of fish (you can't really blame him) because the offices are closed on the weekends.

fishtech
04/08/2003, 05:11 PM
WIKI2ECHO,

The brand I have is Resun, but it is the same thing that Pacific Coast is selling I think they just private label it. It works great so far, except its just really, really loud. If you can put it in a location where noise isn't an issue, then it might be a great chiller, especially for the price.