PDA

View Full Version : Carpet Anemonie

Cheryl Kopp
04/07/2003, 06:45 PM
I have a 180 gallon tank with live rock, a clown fish with the carpet anemonie, tangs, a lion fish, starfish, various other small anemonies and fish. I have had the clown fish/carpet anemonie for about three weeks. For the past few days, the carpet anemonie is really looking bad. It has turned upside down and is no longer the beautiful flowing creature it was. It looks like it is dying. The temperature in the tank is 79 degrees. We have been feeding it the liquid stuff (I forgot the name right now) and an occasional treat. The clown fish was pretty rough with it, diving and shaking in it all the time. What could be wrong with my carpet anemonie?? Help.:confused:

cyclgrl
04/07/2003, 07:15 PM
Only 3 weeks? It could be a number of things. If the clown is greater than 1/3 the size of the carpet, then it can indeed be too rough on the carpet. Also, the acclimation could have been bad. You also don't say what kind of lighting you have or what your water parameters are.

You fed it liquid?? My Haddoni takes raw shrimp, scallop, silversides, etc.

Sorry I don't have more advice for you but if it does look like it's going to go, get it out as quickly as possible!