PDA

View Full Version : Is this the LOA fuge light everyone likes?

Patrick G.
04/07/2003, 04:52 PM
This is the only thing I could find at my local HD and Lowe's that looked like it would work for a fuge. Is this the one people are using?

moonpod
04/07/2003, 04:56 PM
Well, I was using the 65watter that is the equivalent of however many watts. It's the bigger bulb version essentially.

hesaias
04/07/2003, 05:03 PM
Thats one of them. Look for the ones that say "flourex technology" or sumpthin like that. They have the 6500K bulbs.

jdg
04/07/2003, 05:18 PM
Yup; you're close. There's a larger 65w version of that lamp that'll read 'Flourex Bulb' or something similar on it. It comes in White and Black and you'll find the part numbers are different. I went to 3 Home Depots before I could find the larger unit. Also, if you can find the replacement bulbs, pick up more than 1. Sometimes they're hard to find. I have the white 65w fixture. Works pretty well, but doesn't tend to like humidity too much. I have it focussed straight down over one of the sumps and I find that if I leave the cabinet doors closed all day (it's a walk-around stand, so it's completely sealed), the humidity builds up and the light wont fire. I leave the doors open for an hour or so and the lamp fires right up. I'm not running any fans though either ... though, with a sealed stand, I'm not sure where I've vent the hot air anyways :)

Good Luck!

HTH,

Joe.

XxAngelzDustxX
04/07/2003, 08:12 PM
How much do the 65 watters cost? Is everything included?

jdg
04/07/2003, 08:17 PM
I believe I paid $29.97 for the fixture (which includes the bulb) and then another $12.99 for the replacement bulb. It's a hardwire connection though (no plug, no switch), so I just cut the end off of a grounded plug (for a computer/monitor -- I had some spares laying around) and attached it to one of the heavy duty in-line toggle switches (like $2.99 at Home Depot). It worked like a champ so far. :)

HTH,

Joe.

ReefRelated
04/07/2003, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by moonpod
Well, I was using the 65watter that is the equivalent of however many watts. It's the bigger bulb version essentially.
I use this one also...I think they say it is equal to 500w output. Whatever, something like that. I recomend not using the cover that comes with these lights becuase I know a few people who have burned theres out because they overheated.

szwab
04/07/2003, 08:51 PM
try looking in walmart i believe they ar 20-25$.
everything you need.