PDA

View Full Version : Importance of going topless?

charvel
04/07/2003, 03:29 PM
I am about to take my standard lighting off my 120 (finally) and put my new Icecap 2 bulb vho kit up. I would like to keep my glass tops on because my tank is built in a closet and all that water evap.wouldnt be could. Does alot of light not get through glass? Also my 75gal sump is under my main tank in the base ment about 1/3 full without a top and boy do I evaporate the water. Is the sump also important to keep topless? If it is better to keep it off the main tank,no problem I will just have to vent it outside or add a dehumidifier.Thanks,Mike.

Aquaman
04/07/2003, 03:33 PM
I would remove the glass tops and build a vent system to remove the heat and moisture. You will be able to control the water tempature much easier that way.

charvel
04/07/2003, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Aquaman
I would remove the glass tops and build a vent system to remove the heat and moisture. You will be able to control the water tempature much easier that way. Thanks,I know there is a few ways to do it but How would you do first if you were me as far as venting? The tank is built in a closet with one opening on the side for me to get behind the tank if need be about 15'' behind the tank. I was thinking of using a shutter for a door and getting a regular fan with a stand and putting it on the other side of the and blowing the heat towards the door. That might do it.Mike.