PDA

View Full Version : Need to get rid of this guy

SAND_MAN_RSR
04/02/2003, 10:53 PM
Hey guys

I got a bamboo shark for sale and he is about 8 to 10 inches long and eats like a machine, i have had this shark for about 2 months now and he is knocking all my rocks down and making a mess of my tank so he needs to go lol.

i will take $60.00 for him or trade for some coral, ect.let me know what ya got to trade.

If you do not have at lease a 125 gallon tank i will not let this fish go to you so please only big tank owners contact me on this and i am not trying to be rude about only selling him to big tank owners but i am just being fair to the shark and his new home

I will not ship this shark so he will need to be picked up in tampa fl, email me @ nascar03@tampabay.rr.com for phone number and trade offers.

These are among the smallest of the aquarium suitable sharks at about 40 inches. Adult Bamboo sharks can be kept reasonably well in a 125 gallon or larger aquarium. Be sure to keep the Bamboo shark in a relatively wide tank (24") as they will need the width to move comfortably when they get older.

Distribution:------ Indo-Pacific. Southern Japan, Australia

Diet & Feeding:-----Feed all kinds of large meaty foods like small pieces of fish, squid, shrimp.

Distribution:---- Indo-Pacific. Southern Japan, Australia

Diet & Feeding:--- Feed all kinds of large meaty foods like small pieces of fish, squid, shrimp, and live goldfish.

Aquarium Behavior:--- Aggressive towards anything small enough to fit in its mouth.

Invertebrate compatibility:---Not recommended, will eat shrimp and mussells, and destructive to corals with age.

Aliases:--- Banded Cat Shark

Length:---1000mm/40" (wild), 1000mm/40" (aquarium)

Temperature:----74°F - 79°F

Salinity:---1.021 to 1.023

thanks todd

GxUnit
04/08/2003, 01:48 PM
Sh!t

I have wanted a bamboo shark for the longest time..and I couldn't find one under $100- No money as of right now, though.

:rolleyes: :mad:

SAND_MAN_RSR
04/08/2003, 04:36 PM
:(:( :( :( :( BUM DEAL MAN AND I STILL HAVE HIM UP FOR GRABS :D

bmcelhinn
04/08/2003, 08:40 PM
I have wanted a bamboo shark for the longest time..and I couldn't find one under $100- No money as of right now, though $100?!?! Man, I don't want to make $60 look bad, it is a very fair offer for one that isn't a hatchling and is eating readily. But there is an LFS here that sells them for $13.00!! I don't really like buying fish from them, but that is a big diference from $100.00!!!

SAND_MAN_RSR
04/08/2003, 09:42 PM
WOW!!!! 13 bucks your right that is a big different and for sure,local around the tampa area they sell for 40 bucks and that is the egg unhached then after they hatch they jump up to 89.00.

a rip off if ya ask me but 9 out of 10 lps has us,(the buyers) by the b@!!$ if ya know what i mean hehehe.

All i know is he has to go cause he knocks everything over in the tank and he does all of this at nite time,that little s#!& lol