PDA

View Full Version : Condensation on PC lights

Mr.Yuk
03/30/2003, 11:20 AM
I am trying to perfect my fan/cooling apparatus and have currently set the fans to operate only when the lights are on. The issue is that in the morning after a night without fans, the 4 pc lamps are dripping with condensation. My gut feeling is that this is a bad thing and thus I should have some kind of circulation 24/7.

Do the rest of you guys have fans on all the time, or just don't have this condensation issue, or have you never seen an adverse event as a result of it?

SeanT
03/30/2003, 12:00 PM
Do your lights have the waterproof endcaps?
If so then I wouldn't worry about it too much.
Occassionaly I would wipe them down, especially of salt creep, so they maintain their intensity.

Mr.Yuk
03/30/2003, 12:29 PM
actually no, I haven't seen the waterproof endcaps for pc lights. Where can I get em?

yakking
03/30/2003, 02:41 PM
Nah....I just have the U end of the my PC lamp in the fuge so I don't have to worry about light dispersion off the surface of the water. It's doing fine. :D (Yes, it really is in the water....you can tell by the glare and refraction...)

Actually, I've just accidentally dropped it into the water a few times.....after it's been on for a while and hot to the touch. I may be stressing the glass, so I have no clue what it's like in the long run....but as you can see, it's still working fine. :)

kennerd
03/30/2003, 03:23 PM
I bought mine at Hellolights (http://www.hellolights.com/diyaccessories1.html)

It sounds obvious, but wipe off your bulbs when they are turned off and cool: in the morning works best. ;)