PDA

View Full Version : WTB refractometer

Navymedic
03/27/2003, 09:07 AM
Hello i had a thread regarding refractometers in the past but i did not get enough responses for a group buy. i was checking ebay and they average about 45 bucks (not including shipping). Does anyone know of where I can find one Locally? does anyone want to try a group buy again? i am way to busy to organize it myself but maybe someone else can do the foot work. thanks.

MIke

:beer:

teog
03/27/2003, 09:25 AM
AES in Apopka has them for 59.99 plus they give ORCA members 10% off.

Sir Knight
03/27/2003, 12:09 PM
In the April 2003 edition of FAMA Aquatic ECO -Systems is advertising them for $53.99.
Just letting you know
Joe W.

tricky
03/27/2003, 02:47 PM
ARS (Aquatic Reef Systems) in Apopka may be carrying a very nice refractometer in the near future. I saw a demo unit that he had several weeks ago, and it was NICE. We looked at one at AES (also in Apopka) recently, but was not real impressed with the clarity of the guage.

I will be dropping by to see John tonight after work, I'll let you know more. I am not sure what he will be charging for the refractometer, but I am sure it will be a good value. John was still testing the unit to be sure he is satisfied with it before stocking them. He is an ORCA member, you might get a chance to talk to him more at the meeting this weekend if he makes it.

Rick

Mako
03/27/2003, 02:56 PM
John joined ORCA? That's great news! :thumbsup: Hope to see him at some of the meetings soon.

tricky
03/27/2003, 07:24 PM
Chuck,
Oops, I might have jumped to a conclusion. John may not be a member, but since I have seen him at most of the meetings we have attended I assumed he was a member. He is really one better, and that is a very good sponsor to ORCA, a very knowledgeable and good guy all around.

Mike,
John has refractometers in stock and will be selling them at a competative price. He will be making a special introductory offer to ORCA members only, and you will really like the price (non-published). I will make an announcemet at the meeting, since John has his schedule full and will not make the meeting. We will bring ours along if you would like to see it.

Everyone,
:idea: Why don' we all bring our refractometers/hydrometers along and compare readings? I am sure Ramon keeps a laboratory standard tank to check against!

Rick

Sir Knight
03/29/2003, 03:14 PM
Hey Rick,
I would like in on these refractometers.
Anyone have the details from last nights meeting?

Thanks
Joe Wall

Navymedic
03/29/2003, 07:16 PM
I'M IN !

need to get in contact with John..

Sir Knight
03/29/2003, 08:04 PM
Hey Mike,
I just sent John an email

Thanks
Joe W.

Navymedic
03/29/2003, 09:54 PM
My buddy came by to borrow my Hydrometer, and i misplaced it (oops) so i convinced my 2nd half I NEED to have the refractometer, :mixed:

LETS DO THIS!!

Mike

:beer:

Sir Knight
03/30/2003, 07:57 PM
ORCA members only,

I just spoke to John at Aquatic Reef Systems about the refractometers.
He has set a deal up exclusively to ORCA members validate thru April 30,2003.

Give John a call at 866-260-REEF for details.

I'm having him ship one to me in TN

Hope this helps
Joe

Navymedic
03/30/2003, 11:59 PM
Will do Joe, Thanks :rollface: