PDA

View Full Version : Remora vs. Bak Pak 2R

NTAnnin
03/27/2003, 02:32 AM
Hey everyone,

I know ive made another post about this but i was just wondering if these two skimmers are rated for the same amount of gallons and if everyone deffinately thinks the regular remora will be a better buy than the 2R for a 29 or 75 gallon tank. I will get the better pump for the remora for sure. Does anyone recommend the preskim box or can i do without. Thanks for your help. I just want to make sure i don't end up with a second skimmer that i will want to replace in a year.

kozmo02
03/27/2003, 02:35 AM
i would go with the remora, i was never satisfied with my bak pak and im sure the new 2R wont impress me either

go with the remora

lllosingit
03/27/2003, 02:40 AM
Yes, I would buy the preskimmer box, I have a bacpak and before I had the preskimmer box I would always see a film sitiing on the water, The preskimmer took care of it and I see more skimmate so I assume it makes the skimmer more efficient.

kozmo02
03/27/2003, 03:14 AM
yeah a friend of mine has the prefilter too and it seems to help, but my bak pak always had to be adjusted at least a few times a week, and it never pulled out anything good, it always pulled out like iced tea colored skimmate, i switched to the AquaMedic Turboflotor 1000 hang-on and it worked WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better and i have heard that the Remora is really good too

LA-Lawman
03/27/2003, 04:27 AM
I own both skimmers. The remore outperforms the BakPak hands down. and it has a slimmer profile.

get the maxijet upgrade... dont bother with the chepie rio.

hth

NTAnnin
03/27/2003, 12:11 PM
Thanks everyone, i think i have decided on the Remora with the maxi-jet upgrade and i will hold off on the skimmer box untill later if i think i need it.

NTAnnin
03/31/2003, 09:41 PM
changed my mind and bought the remora pro with max drive 3

NTAnnin
04/06/2003, 03:19 AM
got the remora pro today with mag 3 and it is already producing good quality skimmate. I am very pleased. Hopefully it will keep up the good work. I know it can't do a worse job than my seaclone had done in the past. I always liked the swirly tornado effect of the seaclone though. They are fun to look at, just terrible to use.