PDA

View Full Version : Moderator

pgagne
03/24/2003, 08:23 PM
Another techie question:

How do you become a moderator?

I live in Maine. As far as I can tell, there are only (2) Marine stores in Maine. They are both 75-100 miles away. There are some LFS (I.E. PetCo) that sell saltwater & some reef stuff ... but are not very knowledgable.

Anyway ... There are not many people that I have met in the area that "do reefs." I also understand that the online community needs no geographical representation ... but hey ... what about the NorthEast????;)

No ... seriously ... I was wondering about what it takes to be a moderator? I am learning so much about reefing on these forums ... but there is still SOOOOOOO much to learn.

thx

JohnL
03/24/2003, 08:38 PM
No ... seriously ... I was wondering about what it takes to be a moderator?

You receive an invitation from JohnL ;)

dc
03/24/2003, 09:17 PM
Uh, my check is in the mail!;)

Randy Holmes-Farley
03/25/2003, 03:09 PM
but hey ... what about the NorthEast????

Most folks, especially those in California, consider Boston northeast, though I expect you consider it the southern US.:D

pgagne
03/25/2003, 03:14 PM
Randy Holmes-Farley

Spending several years of my life in a Boston Suburb ... life just ain't the same down there ... sorry ... people here are a bunch of back woods hicks :lol: ... I am torn by being a comfortable hick or a semi-professional engineer. You see I spent the last 10 years in Chicago w/ my wife. Moving here was culture shock.

that is why there are very few people actually reef. In fact I haven't met anyone yet. I have seen some FO tanks but no reefs.

I hope no one gets offended w/ my thoughts about this ...:rollface: :rollface:

Randy Holmes-Farley
03/25/2003, 04:26 PM
Well, I'm not offended, but then again, I'm not a hick.:D

FWIW, I'm giving a talk to the local Boston Reefers saturday if you want to meet more "big city" reefers.:rolleyes:

mgk65
03/26/2003, 01:50 PM
Did I hear the word "hick?"

I'm in West Virginia and regularly do business with groups in Mass. They think we're in the deep south... :)

They forget that during the Civil War, Western Virginia, which eventually achieved statehood as WV, stayed with the north. ;)

mgk

Wolverine
03/26/2003, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by mgk65
Did I hear the word "hick?"

I'm in West Virginia and regularly do business with groups in Mass. They think we're in the deep south... :)

For a few seconds my brain wanted to mix those up to read: "I'm in West Virginia and regularly do business with hicks." :D

Dave