PDA

View Full Version : new fish opinions please

goot
03/23/2003, 08:54 PM
Hi there.
I have a 55 gal tank and I'd like to pick up a few more fish, but I'm not real sure on what else to get. Currentely I have a pair of false percs, a false black and white perd, and a pygmy angel. While all are very colorful fish, I'd like a few more. however I don't want anything that gets too big. I plan on picking up a green mandarin soon. But I would really like some smaller, colorful schooling fish. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Goot

Rock Anemone
03/23/2003, 08:57 PM
What about a type fo wrasse? Yellow Canary Wrasse, 6-Line Wrasse, Flasher Wrasse. Make sure you have a large pod/worm/fauna population before purchasing a Mandarine Fish. Refugiums help.

Rock Anemone:D

GreenGoblin
03/23/2003, 10:40 PM
heres what i usaly do..
go to the LFS look at the fish for a wile and buy the one that catches my eye.. well if hes the right size and typ for your tank..
last time i walk into a LFS tho i ended up comming out planning a 125gal tank just for one of these buggers...(blue tang, best fish in the world!)

the care taker
03/23/2003, 11:30 PM
You could try a pair of Bangaii cardinals. They are pretty neat and breed rather easily in captivity :) I would probably wait a while and make sure your tank is very well established before tryin a green mandarin. They'll eat bugs in the sand bed and such that would be present in an established tank

HTH