orange digi
green digi
green cap

trades also

Jonathan

sparatus
03/19/2003, 07:41 PM
Jonathan

How much light do they need? PC ok? I have Xenia doing just fine under my PC's ... Need some more color in there.

Thanks.

Digi
03/19/2003, 08:29 PM
Hard to say, how much PC light you got? How deep in the tank would they be?

You can get by with lower light with these I think so long as everything else is pretty good like high alk and calcium.

Most people can keep montipora alive under sub optimal conditions but getting them to grow is another story.

Do a search on montipora and power compact and see what you come up with. I feel pretty confident it can be done but I have no personal experience. I'm sure others here on RC have done it though.

Jonathan

sparatus
03/19/2003, 09:22 PM
What I've found is that they need vho/pc or MH lighting.
I've only got 240w (120 daylight 120 actinic) and can't fit any more in my canopy.

And I have a deep tank (30 inches) ...

Probably shouldn't chance it.... Thanks anyway...

reelscreamer
03/20/2003, 09:06 AM
you got PM!!!

ecugman
03/20/2003, 10:55 AM
Hey digi,

Not ready for SPS yet in my tank, but thanks for the GSPs. They're doing great. The pink ones didn't make it though! Either something ate them OR I didn't glue them to the rock well enough, the day after i got them they were completely GONE.

Maybe they just came unglued and settled somewhere else in the tank???

Digi
03/20/2003, 11:54 AM
I can give you some more if you want to come by and pick them up.

RJ_22
03/20/2003, 05:12 PM
I want a frag or 2.I would also like to come by your house and come look at your tank so that I could get some ideas.I am little new at the hobby and I would like to get togther one day and share info on tanks and talk about livestock.