PDA

View Full Version : ???'s on clownfish

ToyWon
03/19/2003, 12:18 AM
I have a 55 gal SWFO tank inhabitants listed below in my signature page. I wanted to know if it would be ok to add percula clowns with my already existing tomato clown. If I make sure that they are the same size will that help limit the chances of my fish exterminating each other. Also, I wanted to know if I should take out my spotted puffer, he is started to get big, and I want to make sure that he will not be a problem in the future.

Mike

Greenwater
03/19/2003, 08:36 AM
In my opinion adding a percula to the mix would not be a good idea. The agression displayed between the two clowns would most likely lead to the demise of at least one of your clowns. If you are dead set on getting a second clown, I would recommend the smallest tomato you could find, and hope that it pairs up with your existing tomato.
Your idea about two clowns of the same size is actually the opposite of how it works with clowns. The closer they are to the same size, the less likely one will give ground to the other clown, so they will just keep fighting, and fighting, and fighting.

BlAcK_PeRcUlA
03/19/2003, 07:42 PM
dont do it