PDA

View Full Version : One false percula, two clarkii and a carpet

gulexx
03/17/2003, 11:50 AM
I have a False percula and two clarkii and a carpet anemone in a 60 gallon with a few other fish. The percula is almost 2 inches and the clarkii are over 4. The Percula has claimed the carpet and has become a little sensitive to whom ever comes close. The only thing I'm really concerned about is the carpet. The percula seems to be "stealing" the food from the carpet. Should I be removing the little clown or leave well enough as is.

Dmoody
03/17/2003, 06:33 PM
well first of all people say that your not suppose to house more than a pair of clowns in any one tank. Its over "95%" failure rate. but my aunt is doing it just fine with a larger (4inch) clarkii with two small ocellaris. So i say go for it. But now about the question i wouldnt do anything about it. i would leave it. if your worried about your anemone getting food stick your hand in the tank and drop the food right on the anemone (like i do) but dont get rid of a clown just because your anemone isnt getting enough food. hope this helps

Dmoody
03/17/2003, 06:34 PM
BY THE WAY. Thats exactly what happens in nature the anemone catches food for the clown and vise versa so no worries;)

gulexx
03/18/2003, 08:49 AM
I have been feeding the carpet and it was doing well. Now it seems to have it's "mouth" open all the time. I thought this wasn't a good sign for the carpet? The percula is so fat I think it's going to slpit down the middle. It can't be eggs because it expands and deflates with each feeding session. I know clowns are "pigs" by nature but being so fat you can barely come to the surface for a feeding and barely swim, I think it's time the little perc met Jenny Craig! I still think I should be removing the little guy/gal.

Dmoody
03/18/2003, 04:46 PM
if you anemone has its mouth open and is not looking very lively that isnt the best sign for any anemone. but its not the end. Check your water and make sure you have somewhat of a current flowing toward it. your overall water circulation needs to be very good. and clowns in nature generally do not get enough food so they may eat till death. i would put him in aother tank for a lil while and reduce feedings and they re-introduce and see what happens if this is getting severe.